We were blessed to spend time with Tim Holtz, Mario Rossi, Paula and Jay Cheney in South Africa at the SA Scrapbook Convention in March. After the event in Cape Town, we spent a day touring Cape Town, stopping at galleries and antique shops. After a scenic drive along Chapman’s Peak, we stopped at a viewpoint to take in some breath taking views of Hout Bay. We ended the day at a restaurant in Camps Bay and going to the beach … some getting their feet wet in the cold Atlantic Ocean! This layout was created to #rememberthenow moments…and there were so many moments to cherish!
Creating the background:
- Place the Tim Holtz Dot Fade layering stencil over the blue background paper.
- Apply gold pigment ink over layering stencil using a mini ink blending tool and foam – this makes it easy to control the amount of ink applied onto stencil.
- Carefully remove layering stencil to reveal design and place on next area.
- Repeat around edge of background paper.
- Clean the layering stencil while ink is still wet.
- Emboss a strip of gold foil paper with the “moments” Tim Holtz Sizzix ShadowPress Debossing Folder using a Sizzix Big Shot machine.
- Using a black journaling pen or Black Soot Distress Marker, colour in the ShadowPress channel.
My Mind’s Eye: Market Street, Ashbury Heights Collection and Chipboard Buttons; Necessities Metallic Brads and Metal Dots
Tim Holtz Collection: Dot Fade Layering Stencil; Hashtags stamp
Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Shadow Press Debossing Documented Moments Folders
Other: Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool; Ribbon, Zigzag Chain Edger Punch, Brilliance Galaxy Gold inkpad
‘Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.’