The July Scrapbook Generation CREATE magazine is available to download…it’s free and has loads of creative ideas for scrapbook layouts, cards and tags.
This is the double-page layout I created for the magazine using stencils. I used photos from my recent trip visiting special friends Tim Holtz and Mario Rossi in Arizona. One of the days we visited Arizona’s Grand Canyon, a natural formation of layered bands of red rock averaging 16 kilometers across and 1500 meters deep along its 445 kilometers length. The magnitude and sweeping vistas are awe-inspiring! The photos capture the wonderful moments shared remembering the now!
INKING BACKGROUND USING LAYERING STENCILS AND DISTRESS INK
1. Place Scribbles Layering Stencil onto background, 10 cm from top and 3 cm from left edges.
2. Apply Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose and Abandoned Coral Distress Ink over layering stencil using a mini ink blending tool and foam – this makes it easy to control amount of ink applied onto stencil.
3. Carefully remove layering stencil to reveal design and place on next area. Repeat on right-side of background, 10 cm from top and 2 cm from right edges. Clean stencil.
4. Repeat above process with Mesh Layering Stencil, inking over some Scribbles areas as well as along background edges.
5. Additional areas can be inked at a later stage.
• Distress Ink: Scattered Straw, Tattered Rose, Abandoned Coral, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap
• Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool and foam
• Layering Stencils: Scribbles, Mesh
• Distress Marker: Walnut Stain
• Adirondack Ink: Mushroom
• Archival Ink: Jet Black
• Stamps: script and quotes
• Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlit Dies: Friendship Words – Block, Shape Strips
• Tim Holtz Grid Blocks
• Tim Holtz Decorative Strip Die: Ticket Strip
‘REMEMBER THIS MOMENT. CHERISH THIS STORY. CELEBRATE THIS LIFE.’